Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rush-Time Machine




The title of the tour could not have been more appropriate...When I was 16 I LOVED Rush. I listened to their "tapes" on my walkman every day. I sang them out loud and proud. I went to their shows, I had their tour t-shirts and every good party played their music. In art class I painted pictures of their album covers. This band along with a few others are the soundtrack of my youth. Over the last 25 years, whenever I missed home or wanted a bit of nostalgia I listened to Rush. When Casey began playing the drums when he was 8 I thought "he could be the next Neil Peart". Over the last 6 months he has been playing Rush on his drums and its so awesome that he and I have something we connect on. He is always so excited to have me hear his "new music".
Last week, my precious daughter surprised us both and bought us 2 tickets to see RUSH. When she told me I was surprised by my reaction..I looked at her w/ tears streaming down my cheeks and said, "really?". She said, "awww mama..you are such a newb!" She is such a loving girl..she knew I would have never bought those for myself. Last night was the most amazing experience. I sat there and was transported back in time..and I got to take my son with me! I screamed and sang and played air guitar and drums and I felt the presence of a girl whom I thought I had lost a long time ago. I missed her ..It was a really special time with my son. He got to see "me". When the show was over I asked him what he thought, what his favorite songs were, etc. He looked and said, "all of them, Iwant ALL of their albums!" " I am hooked!" He woke up this morning and his dad asked him about it and he said, "Yea it was awesome! I still can't hear though!" Boy better get used to it..if he's gonna be a big time rock star :) Below is a glimpse of what we saw:

4 comments:

  1. Wow Brandi! Thanks for the walk down memory lane! What an incredible experience to share with your little rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cool! I love rush too and saw them once in concert. One of the best I ever went to! What a thoughtful and generous daughter you have, That is really awesome Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Our kids were exposed to all kinds of music. From the 50's on. Funny, one likes country, the other rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be awesome to see RUSH perform MOVING PICTURES in it’s entirety. I was able to see Rush 3 times on the original Moving Pictures tour, Max Webster opened for them in Louisville Ky, It was so awesome!! Thanks Ticketwood.com for offering me discounted Rush Tickets . They were using a movie screen behind them that projected really cool images during the show. They were so far ahead of everyone else at the time… and still are.

    ReplyDelete