Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day of Rest


While at the zoo today we found out that Sundays are indeed a day of rest in the animal kingdom, too! Why shouldn't it be? God created them. Lots of sleepy animals. I especially liked the polar bear. He looked so comfy and relaxed, sunbathing and snoring away. The koalas were all sleeping too. Crazy how they can be up in a tree and still sleep. It was naptime at the zoo and it sure looked good to me!! Then we have pumpkin! Look at her...she's resting too! Maybe there is something about a lazy Sunday! (if you call walking 5 miles uphill lazy..ha ha ha) It was a nice afternoon. I am glad God created Sundays as our day of rest. Its a time to draw closer to Him but to also focus on our families instead of the crazy world around us. Its a time to be peaceful and theres no better place to do it than among Gods creatures. "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters."--Psalms 23:2

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, cute! Too funny! My blog is based on sleepytime too today!

    ReplyDelete