Saturday, July 31, 2010

Love



My Madre bought me this flower to put on my desk. Its supposed to move back and forth, joyfully, by solar power. Somewhere along the way it stopped and got stuck in its current position. I kind of like it that way. Because it reminds me that I am loved even when I am not perfect. Below is my favorite passage in the Bible:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (New International Version)
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Thanks for the daily reminder Madre. You know how my faith is often tested and it reminds me daily of what the focus should be.

3 comments:

  1. Brandi, I just LOVE this blog! Such a cute reminder with it stuck crooked. Wish I had one by my desk too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms are great for that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison- I sooo love your blog too! I wanna come to Florida now!!

    Kelly- Yes, Moms are pretty awesome when it comes to that stuff!

    ReplyDelete