Friday, July 9, 2010

Kindergarten State of Mind


While I was still "spring" cleaning I also came upon a book that my lil man made in kindergarten. It has 9 months of memories and pictures from his time there. This is the opening page and I have to say after reading it I realize that many of us could use a refresher course in Kindergarten 101. Ha Ha Life really is simple..why we have to make it so hard on ourselves is a mystery. Oh to be 5 again!!! Here's a excerpt:
*Share everything
*Play Fair
*Don't hit people
*Clean up your own mess
*Put things back where you found them
*Say you are sorry when you hurt someone
*Don't take things that aren't yours
*Wash your hands before you eat
*Flush
*Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you
*Live a balance life: Learn some, and think some, and draw some and paint and sing and dance and play and work some everyday!
*Take a nap every afternoon.
* When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic and hold hands and stick together
Kindergarten sounds like my kinda place..gotta run the milk and cookies are calling my name!! XO

3 comments:

  1. We have a lot to learn from kindergarten, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so simple really... :) I got a kick out of his pictures too..he is almost 15 now..where o where did the time go??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi, I couldn't agree more! And, the older my children get, the more I realize it!

    ReplyDelete