Thursday, July 29, 2010

Birthday in Heaven




Happy Birthday Grandma,

Its hard to believe its been 8 months since you went home. Not a day goes by without you on our minds an in our hearts. I hope you liked your birthday celebration! Mom, Kayden, Katie and I went to your favorite restaurant, Red Lobster, for lunch. I made sure I brought home some yummy cheese biscuits for later. I know how you love those! Kayden enjoyed the fish tank and pretty much befriended every waiter/waitress there before she left. We all ate so much we had to take some home for later.

I thought alot about you today. Like when we were little and would make mudpies in your backyard and how you had us listen to Elvis so much we knew all his songs and how to dance to them by the time we were 5. I remembered your laugh and how you always said "well forevermore" when hearing any kind of news about the kids. I miss your giggle.

Katy and I went to see the one night only showing of the Elvis documentary tonight. How ironic it happened to be playing it on your birthday only! You must have planned that. We all went, Dad and Ria in WA and the East coast crew went too. Funny how many of us lovingly picked on you for your love of Elvis.(not me of course) I am sure you had quite the smile seeing us in the moving theatre watching him tonight. Who's laughing now?? ;-)

We also heard some news that you already knew about..it was the best news ever. Lee and BJ are having a baby. After all the tears, the fertility treatments, adoption talks, God came through and blessed them. Which leads me to this..Thank you Grandma..for loving me and always being there for me and my babies. But most of all thank you for always talking to me about God, encouraging me to be a believer and never giving up on my salvation even when I was a know-it-all teenager. I find great comort in knowing that you are with Him.

Hope you had anawesome birthday...Say hello to Elvis for me!

Love you,

Brandi

2 comments:

  1. Brandi, I'm glad you had a good day celebrating with your heavenly grandma! I miss mine too...
    By the way, I TOTALLY see the resemblance between you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post Brandi. I was smiling the entire time I was reading it. She sounds like she was an amazing woman, living for her family, lovin great music and most of all devoted to her creator. How honored you must feel to have had her in your life. So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete