Saturday, September 11, 2010

My 9/11 Baby











I still cannot wrap my brain around the fact that my baby turned 4 today...Rewind back to 5 years ago..my life was in an upheaval. At the time, it seemed my life was spiraling our of control. Bad news kept coming. Then in the midst of the turmoil and heartache comes the news that I was pregnant and at first I was scared to death. I mean I already had a 14 year old and a 9 year old and yet I was terrified. I remember sitting in my room praying to God and clear as can be I heard, "you can trust me. If you do, everything will be ok". So I trusted Him. In return he gave me the most amazing gift..a daughter. She has been a healing baby. She is our joy and reminder that good can indeed come from horrible circumstances. How appropriate and fitting that she was born on 9/11.
Today we had a party for our baby and she had the best time. Our family was not complete until she came to be with us. Happy Birthday Pumpkin..mama loves you!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks PJ! She's been a joy to us as I know your Amy has been for you :) XO

    ReplyDelete